I'm excited to share with you guys my newest craft project! I fell in love with the ottomans at Anthropologie, but I couldn't afford them at $198 a piece.
My two favorites out of the bunch were these two:
I just LOVE the colors and I think that they would make a great addition to any room. And knowing me, I really enjoy adding that extra splash of color so I just knew I had to have these somehow.
And after some deliberation, I decided to find my own fabric and poufs and have my mom sew an ottoman together for me. My first stop was Ikea, where I found some poufs on sale for only $14.99!
Then, I did some fabric hunting. I visited a few fabric stores in Atlanta and ended up finding the pink and yellow one at Forsyth Fabrics.
Here is the final product of that one:
And note: I'm sorry for the bad picture quality, my camera is dead so I had to use the one on my computer!!
Anyways, I really like the way this one turned out. It's elegant but still has that poppy bright feel to it. This fabric was a bit pricier at $20 per yard and I ended up spending about $55 total on the ottoman.
My next task was finding another fabric that really caught my eye. I couldn't find any attention-grabbing ones at the two stores I went to, so I decided to look online.
I read the description of the Anthropologie ones and saw that they were made of African Dutch Wax Fabric. To my surprise, after a few google searches of that fabric, I quickly found the EXACT fabric Anthropologie used!!!!! Needless to say, I was ecstatic :)))))
And at only $8.95 per yard, this was a steal. Here is the final product of that pouf:
Now I just need to figure out where I am going to put them! For now, they will be sitting side by side in my room:
Hope you enjoyed :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment