
somebody should tell us,
right at the start of our lives,
that we are dying.
Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day.
"Well Do it!" I say.
Whatever you want to do, do it now.
There are only so many tomorrows.
Today Michael's uncle died from throat cancer. He was diagnosed with it about 2 months ago. I remember I was sitting in my living room with him and Natalie. He got a call and we heard the news. I was kind of shocked, but never took it that seriously. You see, his uncle Richard was a fighter. I had only met him maybe three or four times, but I just got the feeling that he was a strong, happy-go-lucky guy.
I went to the Kaufman's passover last month and Richard was there to my surprise. I was happy he was there because he was the friendliest one out of Michael's extended family towards me. He always put a big smile on my face. Richard seemed a little stiff, but he was well nonetheless.
The last thing he said to me was "You look good" and I said, "Thanks, so do you." And I meant it.
I still can't really believe it because I always convinced myself that he was a strong soul.
I guess Cancer can really take that out of you.
Rest. in. peace Richard. You will be forever missed


0 comments:
Post a Comment